Callie’s Biscuits Joins the Navy Yard
The Navy Yard at Noisette is proud to welcome Callie’s Biscuits (Callie’s) as the newest “Yarder.” Callie’s recently purchased Quarters 761, located inside the Navy Yard’s Naval Hospital Historic District which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Quarters 761, built in 1917, served as a medical officers quarters for the Navy for most of its life.
Callie’s has received national attention for their multiple varieties of biscuits. They are an award-winning food business that specializes in local, hand-made Southern-style biscuits. Recognized by outlets such as the NBC Today Show, the Food Network’s show “Unwrapped”, Martha Stewart’s “Dreamers into Doers”, Coastal Living magazine, and one of Modern Bride magazine’s top 25 trendsetters. In other words, Callie’s Biscuits Rocks!
Prompted by a need for more space, Callie’s is moving their headquarters from a downtown Charleston location to the Navy Yard and plans on opening in October of this year. Minor renovations are currently taking place. At first the operations will include production and office space for the business. Owner Carrie Morey hopes to include a retail space at the building to cope with the increased demand the national attention and word of mouth referrals have created. We’re proud Callie’s has decided to call the Navy Yard at Noisette home. Welcome!
In other Navy Yard at Noisette News:
- Check out our Interactive Navy Yard Development Portfolio. Do it. Now.
- Looking for office space? Space at the Navy Yard becoming available October 1st. For more info call Jeff Baxter at 554-2267.—Two small office suites available at Historic 7 Storehouse Row, 1,510 s.f. & 960 s.f. Competitive Full-Service Rates (1360 truxtun Ave, N Charleston)—&—10 Storehouse Row Studio office 330 s.f. available Oct 1. Perfect for small business, artist or artisan. Join a diverse mix of businesses, designers and artists. (2120 Noisette Blvd, N Charleston SC)
- Congrats to CMCI for their recent $12.4 million contract with the Army!
- Congrats to Palmetto Scholars Academy(PSA) on meeting 9 out of 9 objectives for AYP and AYP Overall from the PASS test scores! It’s incredible that this was achieved in their first year of existence and with the lowest public school funding in the Country. PSA is the State’s First Gifted and Talented Charter School and these results show that PSA can and will be a national model for how the business community, higher education, the arts, educators and parents can work together to establish gifted and talented schools for academically gifted children. Congrats and keep up the great work!
- Lowcountry Orphan Relief (LOR) hopes to break ground later this year on a new 4,000 s.f. distribution center to support their current operations at the Yard. Also, mark your calendars for Oct 8th for “Make a Child Happy Day”, a carnival for children in foster care and group homes, hosted at their headquarters at the Yard. Volunteers needed! Keep up on all the latest LOR news here.
- Green Roof Outfitters installed the first municipal green roof in SC. Cool stuff! Read about it here.
- Mark your calendars for upcoming Merge Happy Hours at 10 Storehouse Row. Oct 20 and Nov 10 are sure to be a good time! Stay tuned for details.
- Please contact Geoffrey Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.