Spotlight on the West Yard – Opportunity to Purchase Historic Structures
The West Yard at the Navy Yard at Noisette continues to grow and plans for additional development are in the pipeline. Currently there are opportunities to purchase several historic buildings and you too can join in on all the action. If you value historic preservation, sustainable development, and want to be part of a thriving business district, this could be the place for you. The West Yard makes up a large portion of the Naval Hospital Historic District which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Three historic buildings that served as medical officers quarters in support of the Naval Hospital are for sale. They can be used for live/work space, residential or commercial. Utilization of historic tax credits provide attractive incentives. Contact Jeff Baxter w/ questions at 843-554-2267
A diversity of spaces can be found at the West Yard. From residential to commercial, the zoning allows for mixed-use and is governed by a Community Association. The recent opening of West Yard Lofts brought new residential space to the area. The Lowcountry Innovation Center boasts a variety of knowledge-based companies thriving in a variety of spaces designed to allow for expansion or contraction. The most recent addition to the West Yard is Callie’s Biscuits. Their purchase of Historic Quarters 761 earlier this year provided additional space for their growing business.
The list of nearby organizations continues:
- Chembion Environmental – A Roaring 20 Company – One of the fastest growing companies in the Charleston region for 2010 by the Charleston Regional Business Journal.
- Green Roof Outfitters – Making waves around the country with their innovative green roof technology
- Coleman Snow Headquarters – A LEED Silver intent 16,000 sf rehabilitation of a historic 1944 Naval building
- Palmetto Scholars Academy – The first Gifted and Talented Charter School in South Carolina
- Parham and Co. – Historic Quarters 760, built in 1917, served as medical officers quarters for the Navy for most of its life. Now it is beginning a new life as another home for Parham and Company
- Carl Garris and Son – General Contracting, drywall services and more
- CMCI – America’s leading manufacturer of intermodal, modular intermodal, and specialty container systems
- Celadon – Twice a week, their warehouse opens for spectacular savings on a variety of home furnishings
- SPAWAR – Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command facility
- Lots more around the block on Storehouse Row!